The better mentor(s) you can find, the more time you can compress because they can teach you what to do and even more important what NOT to do.
I want to share with you what others have shared with me and hopefully, it’s continued to be paid forward. I honestly think you must have a mentor or two along your road to get to where you want to be. Here are some of the things you should look for when finding a mentor:
- Someone that has the happiness and type of life you want. NOT someone who talks about it.
- Someone who is a good person that has good intent.
- Someone who leads with action. Actions always speak louder than words.
- Someone who has the balance in life that you want.
- Someone that you know will have your best interest at heart.
- Someone that will take the time to engage with you.
These are just a few that are important to me. Hopefully, they spark some ideas in you. Here a few areas that I feel are important to have mentors in. You may have a mentor or mentors that can fill multiple or only one and that’s okay.
- Health & Fitness
- Business owner
Again, just areas that I feel someone could really help with. Also, a mentor doesn’t have to be a know it all or expert in these fields, just someone that can give some guidance and bounce things off of. You may be thinking, I want a mentor, but how am I going to find one in these areas? Below are a few ways I would suggest. There is nothing wrong with reaching out to someone that you don’t know and asking them if they would be willing to help you out. Be bold and don’t aim low. You will be surprised!
- Networking events.
- Leadership at your work.
- Leadership in a religious organization.
- Send a direct message through social media.
- Find a coach through several organizations. Usually, your favorite authors have coaches.
Let’s be clear, everyone can use a mentor at every point of their life. We can always learn from people. I strongly suggest you start on your road to finding your mentor(s). Someone who can give you advice and help you avoid pitfalls. This is the first step I recommend on your way to developing the life, career, income, and happiness you are looking for (while eating and sharing chocolate.)