Thank You notes created a ton of success throughout my career. I can’t take credit for this topic. Tom Hopkins (www.tomhopkins.com) which is an amazing sales trainer taught me this and then I evolved it to my own method. Below is a link to Tom Hopkins phrasing for Thank You notes and it is magical. Take the wording and make it yours!
A few quotes come to mind with this topic:
- Every month you are not in contact with your clients, you lose 10% of your influence with them.
- People want to know you are thinking of them without trying to sell them something. Appreciation.
- Pretend every person you come in contact with has a sign around their neck that says “make me feel important.” Not only will you succeed in business, but you will also succeed in life.
Now that you know why this works, let’s talk about how to execute:
- Send 10 Thank You cards a day. Tom Hopkins did this and it built him a referral basis that allowed him to close a home a day in real estate for an entire year.
- Use the phraseology linked above.
- Look for every possible reason to thank someone. Look at this as an opportunity to be remembered. Chocolate works great for this.
- Always thank people for their time! Every prospect or client meeting you have, you should thank them for their time. I use “Thank You” chocolates and people LOVE them!
- Thank gatekeepers for helping you. Especially if they aren’t helping you. Remember, make them feel important. Thank them for everything.
- Make sure decision-makers know they are appreciated. Thank them for feedback, thank them for time, thank them for considering you.
I am biased, but our “Thank You” or “Thinking of You” chocolates work wonders. Or if you think of your own phrase, then let’s create a wrap for it! Don’t just limit this concept to business. Use it in everyday life. This method is not about the quick sale or business. It’s about the long game and building a network that will think of you often and build a referral base that will feed you and your business for life.
Dont wait! Get started thanking people today. Please share with us your success!